Hello Minx Lovers and a Happy New Year to you one and all!
I thought I’d kick off the New Year with a brand new Wish List for 2019 – things for me and things for the wider Minx community.
- A little more love. First things first, we are living through some pretty dark times at the moment. The political situation at home and abroad has gone mental, the news is constantly full of doom and gloom, and thanks to the joys of unregulated ‘journalism’ on social media, everyone is constantly spewing their opinions, thoughts and feelings about everything, every second of every minute of the day. We are living in a constant barrage of negativity and I’ve had a fucking guts full. So…to paraphrase the fabulous Cameron….I’m going to take a stand. I’m here today to ask all of you to join me in showing, and encouraging, a little more love in the world. It’s so fucking easy to look around, and shake your head, and just moan. Don’t do that! Show a little more love. We all need love. We could all do with some more. Even if just one of you does something to show a little more love just once, that’s one more act of love out there. And fuck knows we need it. We, my minxy fans, are the sexy rebel alliance fighting against this tide of hate, anger, judgement, fuckwittery and general cuntishness. And best way to fight darkness is with light. So show a little more love.
- Kisses. I LOVE kisses. I don’t get enough quality kisses. I’ve had plenty, many of which were lovely, some were, to be frank, fucking appalling. But no longer will I stand for that! This year I will be looking for and giving quality kisses. Knee-trembling kisses. Hands-in-hair kisses. Fingers stroking cheeks, backs, bums, skin shivery, breathing-catching kisses. I want superb snogs. Terrific tongue-tonsilling. Lush lip-locking. A thing I’ve read about kissing (and seen with long-term couples I know) is that the happiest ones kiss a LOT. So pucker up buttercups!
- Celebrating beauty with beautiful words. So many of us (me included) use simplistic language to describe and compliment people we like or find attractive or are dating. The common one is to call someone hot. Whilst meant as a compliment, you’re just stating your own sexual arousal, got me? 🙂 We live in an age when women and men alike are suffering from serious body issues, mostly from the fact we are observing each other and being observed ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. With camera phones, social media and 24/hour news updates, we’ve become a race of Meerkats on speed – constantly checking and looking and comparing. And it makes us all feel shit! So many people have told me over the years that they don’t think they are sexy, or pretty, or handsome, or something ‘enough’ and every time it broke my fucking heart. I’d think to myself, where is their man or woman, and why haven’t they told this person in front of me that they think they are beautiful? What can we do about it? Well…how about starting with giving your significant other a meaningful compliment, and celebrating beauty with beautiful, meaningful language. If you think your partner is beautiful or handsome, tell them! Tell them often. Tell them everyday. Tell her she is beautiful and tell him he is handsome, and see the difference it makes.
- Retro dating. I am going to make a big effort to keep my 2019 dates as old school as possible this year. I’m currently taking a break from dating sites. When I go back online, my plan is to use the sites for first encounters and to bring it offline asap, for proper dates and time together. I have found that so many of my relationships, romantic and otherwise, have become reduced to screen time. Over Christmas, I was lucky enough to see a lot of dear old friends and family members face to face. I sent and received Christmas cards, and visited people. I spoke to people on the phone, and spent quality time with them. I even turned my phone off. The whole experience reminded me of my early dating experiences – the landline phone calls, the confirmed dates you couldn’t cancel en-route or last minute – the hours spent together doing literally fuck all, but enjoying it anyway because you were together. Dating used to require a lot more time, effort, planning, and let’s face it – bollocks. Calling someone’s landline was terrifying, but hearing someone’s voice was worth it. I think that it’s easy to forget social media was designed to speed up communications and make plans with people, not replace face-to-face and personal connections, but that’s what’s happened. So I’m going to back to basics. I’ll let you know how it goes!
- My own happiness. I’ve spent a lot of the last 2 years trying to figure out what makes me happy, and spending more time/effort in those areas. My discoveries have been quite surprising, but have been very important. To find love, you need to feel love for yourself, secure, and peaceful inside. I’ve let that slip a lot over the years, and perhaps, unsurprisingly, I’m still single. I’m going to spend a bit more time on me this year, so that when I do go out into Datingland again, I’m in a much better Minxy condition to be loving, and hopefully, loved back.
That’s my Wish List for 2019! Please share your own sexy and love stories with me, and help me make 2019 The Year of More LOVE!